Alright, folks. I have no excuses. I am officially a stay-at-home mom. I should be crafty, and good at things like decorating, cooking, and blogging. And I'm going to do it, even if it kills me.
In the past I've used school as an excuse, but with graduation in hind-site, I'd best be repenting of my inadequate and lame blogging. Honestly, I'm sure no one truly cares. Our lives are boring... however, it's like journal writing-- I'm going to do it for me and future generations (how's that for dramatic?).
We are officially in LARAMIE!!! We've been here since the end of August, and we are loving it. Shaun's working on a Masters' in Animal Science, and is loving it. University of Wyoming is ranked 7th in the country for their Animal Science program, and I'm so proud of how well Shaun is doing. He's an animal science fool. His professors love him, and he's quite the popular fellow in the Animal Science Department up on campus. Oddly enough, most of the people in his program are Chinese, which he loves!! He gets to use his Mandarin from his mission, and is having such a great time getting to know everyone here.
Riley will be turning 2 in December, and is currently the cutest little boy in the world. He loves cars and Winnie the Pooh, is the best little helper in the world, and is adored by his baby brother. His new favorite thing is sending himself to time-out. It cracks me up. He will do something he knows he's not supposed to, and then looks at me and says..."mommy... time-out." then runs off to the corner. It's hilarious. He's currently in bed (supposedly taking a nap), but he keeps saying, "I'm the mom, you're the Riley" (something I told him earlier when he was trying to boss me around). The stinker thinks he's hilarious... and he is.
Brecker is currently the cutest baby in the whole wide world. He is the fattest and happiest little porker. At his appointment this morning, he weighed 15 lb. 12 oz, and was 25 inches long. This puts him in the 90th percentile for both. He's such a happy little guy, and he makes everyone smile all the time. He adores Riley (thank goodness the feeling's mutual), and he is just the most content little baby in the world.
I'm just trying to figure out the life of a stay-at-home mom. I'm desperately working on my home-making skills, and loving every minute of being with my boys. I finally finished my degree (I say finally... it took me 4 years just like everyone else), and am loving getting to meet so many fun people in Laramie.
So that's us. And if I do poorly on updating my blog (which is bound to happen) then feel free to chastise me.
5 comments:
love this--i'm very happy that life is going so well for you guys
umm... I love you!! how are things going for you guys?
Hi, I saw your blog address on facebook so I thought I'd check it out! :) I'm glad you guys are liking it here in Laramie. And I am totally a lame stay at home mom. No craftiness (is that how you spell that??) for me!
There are other things that will get in the way of blogging. Seriously, don't stress yourself out about it. If you feel like blogging, we love to read it and see the pictures of the babies! If not, then you don't. :)
send me your email address so I can send you an invite to view mine.
Shannon
Shannon!! It's so good to hear from you!! My email is gingerneefer@gmail.com, and I would LOVE an invite to your blog. How are you guys doing? Still in Texas?
Post a Comment