Life. Is. Great. The end. Honestly-- what more do I need to say?! Life has been so great for us, lately, and we are so blessed.
We were able to have such a wonderful Christmas over in South Carolina with Shaun's family. It was so much fun to be able to spend that time with Shaun's parents and his little brothers-- I hate to admit it, but we only get to see his family about once a year!! It's so much fun for me to watch Shaun interact with his family and to see those dynamics that they share as a family. It was especially fun to see Shaun lose in an arm wrestling match to both of his younger brothers!!
An especially wonderful part of that trip was being able to spend some time with Shaun's wonderful Grandma and Grandpa Moore. They are such wonderful people, and I have multitudes of love and respect for them. Little Ronald Riley is named after his great grandpa Moore, and little Brecker has his grandpa Moore's eyes. It was so special to watch how much Riley took to them. The other day, he found a curtain rod, and thought it was grandpa's cane. He ran up to me and said, "Mama-- grandpa's." At first, I didn't understand what he meant, but then he started using the curtain rod as a cane, and saying, "Grandpa!! Love you!!" It was so cute. He sure loves those guys, too.
As soon as we got back from our Christmas vacation, we were notified that our names had reached the top of a wait list for the most amazing apartment complex in the world (no... seriously... the world voted, and it came in first...) :o) just kidding. But I'm in love with it. It's in our same ward, which is a HUGE bonus, it has a dishwasher (also a HUGE bonus) as well as a washer and dryer hook up. There's a lot more space in this apartment than in our last one, and we're actually saving money by moving in here.
We made the move a week and a half ago. It was quite an eventful move, but it's been so worth it. Ironically enough, I was initially allergic to my dream apartment, but I'm slowly getting over that. (The last tenant didn't clean her apartment.... ever, I think.... thank goodness for bleach, clorox, and my mom teaching me how to clean!!)
The previous tenant also left her supposedly working washer and dryer for our use, but alas-- she lied. I tried to use the washer, and it overflowed everywhere, flooding the newly installed carpet. Thank goodness, Shaun's amazing, and he was able to take care of it, and even fix the washer so it is now useable. It's incredibly "redneck" in the fact that we have to use lots of duct-tape and turn it to a new setting every 4 minutes, but I'm in heaven being able to use a washer in my own home. I'm so proud of a handy husband.
This week has just been a crazy adjustment to a new apartment, and a new semester. But, it's been fun, and life is (as previously stated) great. Oh... and p.s.-- my sister's engaged. I'm so excited for her =)
Ok. End of the rant. It's bedtime!!! I hope everyone is doing just as well as we are, if not better.
3 comments:
Loving where you live is such a bonus and does make love wonderful. I cannot imagine having two babies and not having a washer and dryer in my house! Glad you finally have one and LOVE that it is redneck, it makes for great memories and one day hope of AMAZING washer and dryers so wonderful. Mine are ancient and were the ladies we bought our house from in Idaho Falls, I bet they are 30 years old. At least they work right? We drove through Laramie for Christmas and even went to the McDonalds there and I thought of you guys. I should get your # incase we ever get stranded there due to weather during the next 3 years! :)
HAHAHA ok so I meant make life wonderful, not make LOVE wonderful. LOL.
LOL-- Missy!! It does make love better, too.... =) j/k. Next time you guys drive through, you should stop and say hi!! You're kids could run around here and have a little break from traveling. Our #'s 208-201-0546, and I'm serious-- call next time you're driving through!!
Post a Comment